Wednesday, November 11, 2009

So I sent some poems to a journal, and the fiction editor wrote me back and asked if I had any fiction. I didn't, but I sent a couple stories anyway. She didn't like them. So I wrote a new one and sent it to her, and she liked it so much she asked if it was part of a series or if I could expand it. So I sent another sort of similar one. She liked that too and asked if I'd like to do a series. So I'm going to do a series. I have no idea what about or how long, but I'll figure that out in the next couple days. Pretty cool.

Also, the wifey and I've been watching the Canadian comedy "Slings and Arrows." Good stuff.

2 comments:

Glenn Buttkus said...

Following your blog is like having a primer for how to succeed at being a poet and writer. Editors and agents seem individuals first, and art appreciators second or third. Who likes whatever piece you submit is subjective beyond belief sometimes, and it must still be hard to get those "rejections", even at this point in your career, enit?
Nice though, that you rose to the occasion and bombarded her with more Bledsoe magic, and now you have a series to complete. More congrats.

CLBledsoe said...

Glenn,

That's absolutely right--publishing is all about hitting the tastes of publishers. That was the hardest lesson for me to learn.