Saturday, March 21, 2009

16. The Watchmen, a graphic novel written by Alan Moore and illustrated by Dave Gibbons. Yeah, I know; I tend not to read popular things when they're popular.I like to see if they stand the test of time. It's interesting to see how influential this book has been, not only in comics, but in movies as well. But seriously, an octopus monster? Really?
17. It's a Bird...a graphic novel written by Steaven T. Seagle, illustrated by Teddy Kristiansen. I really wanted to like this because it dealt with Huntington's Disease, which is something I have a vested interest in, but it was a little pretentious and boring. I recalled, too late, that Seagle wrote for the comic series "Sandman Mystery Theater," which I also found pretentious and boring, one of the few early Vertigo titles I couldn't stomach. Live and learn.
18. Arkansas, a novel by John Brandon. I'm reviewing this for Ghoti.
19. How to Make Love The Bruce Campbell Way, a novel by Bruce Campbell. Very funny, a little predictable in a B-movie kind of way. Am I a jerk for saying that?

No comments: