Sunday, October 18, 2009

I've seen the greatest minds of my generation destroyed by Newman-O's, Dr. Browns Black Cherry soda, Morningstar meatless hotdogs on gluten free buns. Java-logs keep the townhouse warm through the slight coolness of winter. We keep the windows open for ventilation (we have alergies, after all). Our TVs are large and flat, perfect for playing video games and watching cancelled TV shows on DVD. We are fat, flacid, bored, until the pills kick in. Worth is demonstrated through the accumulation of opionions. Right now: I'm updating my Twitter page. Right now: I'm sexting my girlfriend. Right now: I'm doing nothing.

5 comments:

Glenn Buttkus said...

Nice little rant. Fools us for a moment into thinking it is all you, and not just your fertile mind
doing some sneaky prose poem. Anyway, I see it as a poem and as prose and as a riff, like poetic jazz, like poetic blues. I dig it, unfortunately agree with it, resemble it, as you hold up that mirror to reality.

Glenn

CLBledsoe said...

oh yeah, I love Morningstar hotdogs, Newman-Os, and Dr. Browns sodas, java logs. I posted it instead of sending it out as a poem because it's too topical.

Glenn Buttkus said...

The media, including TV shows and films, all get kick backs for product identity. Why not poets?
Maybe you will start a trend here.
Makes me want to compose something that is littered with product ID.
I, of course, in my callous arrogance, released the poem in your prose over on FFTR, and titled it CITIZEN DRAIN. It's a hoot.

Glenn Buttkus said...

Don't recall if it was one of your interviews, or somewhere else, but there is a lot being done and said and written about prose/poems, the duality of both; a good piece of prose is already poetic in imagery, in texture and tone; a good poem could be written in sentence form, transcribed into a paragraph; a prose poem is already both. I believe that a poet, such as you, and me to some lesser extent, can't help but write, even think, poetically.

CLBledsoe said...

I have to admit that I would write for money in a heartbeat, if I could find a consistent gig. If that includes product placement, so be it.