Thursday, June 07, 2012

Writing Update

So it looks like I finally placed my zombie novel. I'm just at the beginning of the process -- haven't even gotten a contract yet, but it looks good so far. I also have a couple digital mini-chapbooks of poetry coming out in the next month. I had some poems picked up by Gargoyle, which I'm pretty pleased about, and one picked up by Big River Poetry Journal, a new journal, which rejected me 3 or 4 times before finally taking a poem with some slight edits.

I have a poetry collection coming out later this fall along with two novels (one at the beginning of next year). I also have a ton of reviews I've written for various journals and websites coming out in the next few weeks.

Right now I'm working on two series of stories -- one based on my teenage years back in Arkansas I'm thinking of as "Redneck stories", mostly about drugs and poverty. The other one is a sort of futuristic series. Those are mostly longer stories. I hope to finish at least one of these this summer. I've already placed a couple of the "Redneck stories" over at Fried Chicken And Coffee, Rusty Barnes' excellent online journal.

Lots of work out, waiting to be picked up.

No comments: