Monday, February 16, 2009

Our heat was out this past weekend. It was around 40 degrees out, so it wasn't life-threatening or anything. It's interesting how our heat goes out only on weekends when maintanence isn't on campus. If I was a paranoid type, I'd think the aliens that monitor my brain waves were trying to contact me through the oatmeal I bought at Sam's. Everyone knows that "Sam's" is an allusion to Sam S., one of the founders of the Trilateral Commission. And, of course, the other two founding members were Jesus and a space alien. You didn't know that? Oh, I guess your history books don't tell you everything.

So yeah. Heat's on, now. I had several things (aka "writing") picked up, some of them with payment. A story, a poem, a long poem or short series as a stand-alone mini-chapbook, a flash story, etc. So that was cool. I haven't had a story picked up in a long time. More news on that later.

Jillian and I have been on a tight budget in order to pay off several bills by Spring Break. Unfortunately, we had no food, so we went to Trader Joe's and the aforementioned Communist Plot aka Sam's (that's what they WANT you to think). So we blew an extreme amount of money restocked el pantry (wait, is pantry feminine? Would that be la pantry?). It feels good to have food. Food is good.

Also, I have problems spelling the word "unfortunately." Just thought I'd put that out there.

No comments: