Thursday, May 09, 2013

Summer Plans

At the end of last year, I posted my list of goals for the first half of this year. I've failed spectacularly at most of them, but not without great effort. For example, I wanted to have a new job. Well, I applied, interviewed, etc. everywhere I could think in four different regions/cities and came up with bupkiss, though it's still a little up in the air. I also wanted to lose weight/get in shape and all that physical shit, but I let that slip to the back-burner mostly because I started getting so depressed about the job hunt. I had a few writing goals, and I'm doing okay with those, but regardless, I've had to rethink things. So here's my new plan:

1. Lose weight. By God (oh wait, I'm an athiest. I mean by...Me) I'm going to get somewhat in shape this summer. ("Somewhat" because I'm being realistic, folks.) If I'm going to be stuck in my current job for another year, then I'm going to use that year to get in shape, among other things.

2. Place a poetry collection & a short story collection. I've already started on this.

3. Finish my next two novels. One, I'm already halfway through.

4. Make some fucking money at writing. More to come with this.

That's it. Not too grande. We shall see.

3 comments:

e.a.s. demers said...

I wish you all the luck!!

I've tried setting goals in the past, but, I always end up disappointing myself....

Anonymous said...

Good luck!

CLBledsoe said...

Thanks folks. The thing about these goals is taht they're all up to me, whereas my previous goals relied on other people more (i.e. getting a new job).