Sunday, July 15, 2012

Writing Update

I've been writing tons of reviews lately, several for Ampersand Magazine's website, several for Gently Read Literature, and a few more either for the blog or to send out to various journals. I've even got a paying one or two lined up.

I picked up two columns for Monkey Bicycle, one reviewing journals -- I've got a couple print lined up as well as several of the oldest online journals -- the other, a monthly series on the post/non-MFA writing world. I'm pretty excited about these.

I'm knee-deep in another novel I hope to finish this week. It's odd -- the idea just came to me, and I started on it a day or so later with no plan or anything. Usually, I sit on an idea for a while and have an outline. After I finish this one, I hope to get back to two series of linked stories I've been working on off and on for a while.

The one thing I haven't been writing much lately is poetry. I've met a few people lately who said, "I thought you only wrote fiction." That's crazy to me. No matter how many novels or short stories or whatevet I write, I still consider myself basically a poet.

Anyway, that's it for now. I just keep piling it on, and somehow, I keep getting it all done.

No comments: