Thursday, August 04, 2011

I have two poetry chapbooks that have just been published online. Leap Year just came out as an ebook from The Red Ceilings Press.

Also The Man Who Killed Himself in My Bathroom just came out at 10 Pages Press here.

So I got some really nice news today. A press is interested in my full-length poetry collection Riceland, which is about my childhood growing up on a rice farm in Eastern Arkansas. I've been working on this book for ten years, so hopefully it's a good one. This is a collection I've been trying to place for years--I actually had a press interested, but I backed out before anything was finalized. I like this press a lot and am looking forward to working with them, assuming nothing weird happens. This will be my 8th book.

So I'm off to tweek Riceland once more. I'm also wrapping up my steampunk/slave narrative/gollum novel tentatively titled Clay (or maybe Man of Clay). After that, I may dive in to some short stories or try to wrap up a novel I had to postpone a few months ago. But first, I have to feed my daughter.

No comments: