Saturday, February 26, 2011

9. We Were Ugly So We Made Beautiful Things, by David Barringer.

I've been meaning to read this one for a while. It's a collection of flash pieces based around the theme of making something beautiful from something ugly. It almost works as YA fiction, though I don't think it's meant to. It's very quirky. Each piece is quite different. I'm a fan of Barringer, and I enjoyed this.

10. They Had Goat Heads, short fiction by D. Harlan Wilson.

I'm reviewing this for a journal. I hadn't read Wilson before, but I've been getting into bizzaro writing lately. I'd like to try a longer work of his. So far, Carlton Mellick III seems to be my favorite bizzaro writer.

11. Girl with Oars and Man Dying, by JA Tyler. Tyler asked me to blurb this for him, along with some other folks. I was quite honored to do it. I'm a fan. It's a good read. Tyler always reminds me of Beckett.

No comments: